With a Winged Heart

Yesterday, I had the honor to officiate at the wedding of a friend I have known for a long time...

Years ago, I officiated at the memorial service for his wife, a dear friend and fellow yoga teacher. But now, here we were, celebrating a more joyous occasion.

The wedding took place on a beautiful estate on the Eastern Shore, under a trellis, and very close to the water. Just as I was about to start, our breaths were taken away by the impromptu "fly over" by a flock of birds. I smiled, imagining that my friend, was bestowing her blessing, upon this union.

I also had the opportunity to visit with a former yoga student of mine, from many years back, and with another couple whose wedding I had also officiated at years before. This one was particularly memorable because the bride and groom arrived in matching vintage Porsches!

The wedding on the first of October, of 2011, was short and sweet in so many ways. I leave you with this wonderful piece by Kahlil Gibran, which was shared on this joyous occasion:

"Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself.
To wake at dawn with winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving.
To rest at the noon hour and meditate on love's ecstasy;
To return home at eventide with gratitude, and then sleep with a prayer
for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips."

May this day and new month arise within you, as if it were a winged heart. May you be ever grateful for the gift of life, and another day of loving!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"