Practice Self Care

These past couple of weeks or so, I have delighted in practicing self care. 

It seems that practically every book I've read recently makes some reference to practicing self care, and most importantly, loving ourselves.

For the first time in years I am actually whittling down a pile of books I have been meaning to read. I tend to read non-fiction, so often I do read inspirational books, and a lot of self-improvement, but this year I am reading a number of historical works as well, and brushing up on the main characters and events of the late 15th century, to the mid to late 16th century, a period I have found fascinating, because of the strong women who lived and ruled then.I am especially interested in what was happening theologically, and the rising movements of the time.

I also decided to brush up on my French, and have been using Duolingo and some old textbooks to do so. I have wanted to do this for years! Every night, I carve out some time to do my lessons.

My daily routine includes an early morning of walk of a couple of miles or so - afternoon yoga, and prayer and meditation.

I have a lot of silence too - which I both crave and need.

I am also culling possessions and donating books and clothes and other items to lighten my load.

Shortly, I will be off to spend time with friends and family on three different beaches.

So, this is how I am practicing self care. 

How are YOU doing so?

We are half way through the summer. It is not to late to start doing some things that will nourish your soul.

Make a list of things that you love to do. Then tell yourself you will do at least one or two things EVERY day!

If not now, when?

If you don't take the time to do this for yourself - who will?

No one can feed your soul. You must love yourself enough to attend to your needs first because no one can do that for you. NO ONE!

So, get started!

What are you waiting for?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"