The Power of Grace II

On a brilliant, but cold February morning,
as I lead my yoga students through a flow of backbends,
I share with them the very lesson
I have struggled so hard to learn and embody,
for we teach, in order to learn that which we must know...
Of all the qualities of opening to Grace,
the one I choose to emphasize on this day -
is that of softening, as I say to them:

“If you open
to the power of Grace,
you open to Love
in all its permutations.”

In order to open
to the power of Grace,
we must first soften
and then hug into
the sweetness of that opening

Opening to the power of Grace
opens the doors to transformation

Opening to the power of Grace
connects us more fully
and deeply to the Divine

Opening to the power of Grace
enables us to experience
human love, and
Divine Love
in all its permutations

I invite my students
to become the very embodiment
of opening to the power of Grace—
embracing and reflecting Love
in all its permutations

I come home after a wonderful and joyous morning
to drink a cup of tea.

And then I read the message on my tea bag:

"The moment you love,
you are unlimited."

Even my tea bag reminds me to open to the power of Grace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"