Such is the Giving of God

I received a newsletter today from a wonderful community of Visitation nuns that live in Minneapolis among the poor. I know most of them personally, and taught with a couple of them, when I was just 25 years old, staying there through my mid-thirties, until I re-located to the Washington D.C. area, to teach at the Visitation school in Georgetown for 12 years.

One of the nuns, who was my department head at the time, just celebrated her golden jubilee - 50 years as a professed nun. She chose this quote for her anniversary invitation, and it touched me deeply:

"Such is the giving of God,
it gives us the power
to give of ourselves."
- F. X. Durrwell

This coming year, Visitation nuns celebrate the 400 anniversary of their founding by St. Francis de Sales and St. Jeanne de Chantal.

One final quote on this newsletter also spoke to me:

"During this year of the Visitation,
let us renew like Mary,
the spirit of generosity
and gentleness to others..."
- V. Viguera

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"