Embodying Divine Attributes

I awaken slowly, still filled with the insights from last week's study with John Friend, the founder of Anusara Yoga, drinking in the sweet singing of the birds outside of my window - as if, they, like Rumi, were instructing me, "Don't go back to sleep!" They urge me to awaken, not only on this day, but from the deep, dark sleep of living unconsciously:

"The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.
Don't go back to sleep.
You must ask for what you really want.
Don't go back to sleep.
People are going back and forth between the
door sill where the two worlds touch.
The door is round and open.
Don't go back to sleep."

I arise, in fullness, with greater awareness, drinking in the light of day, and note how in the simple act of rising, and awakening my consciousness more deeply, I have manifested some of the attributes of the Divine!

I recall John Friend giving us an overview of the the Nature of Ultimate Reality, of the attributes of the Absolute - of the One - that we cannot truly define - yet we are capable of knowing in our deepest hearts...And something stirs deep down inside there, in the cave of my own heart...

The Divine is at once, Pure Consciousness and Bliss without end - totally Self Aware - always Dancing out of its own delight - in an eternal dance of Pulsation and Vibration - always Luminous - shining forth this Light into every darkened corner - and yet reflecting it back as well. The Divine is the embodiment of the Ultimate Freedom that we all seek and truly yearn for. And yet, at all times, and in every moment - the Divine is Full...

I move slowly, consciously, going back and forth from that place between worlds, knowing that in my essence, I too, embody Supreme Consciousness and Unlimited Creative Potential.

Let me shine my Divine attributes, today, and every day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"