Awakening

The last few days, I've been marinating various ideas and insights that have emerged from my reading of Emptiness Dancing, by Adyashanti, who is a very amazing, and contemporary spiritual teacher.

As often happens, a particular book falls in my lap at precisely the right moment - not one too soon or too late...

I had previously stumbled across interviews in several publications over the years with Adyashanti, who is known as "Adya" to his devoted followers. But, I had never felt particularly drawn to him in any way. However, because of the illuminating experiences of a dear friend who has attended many retreats and "satsangs" with him, I was finally led to explore his writings and recordings on my own.

The book I am reading, addresses the process of awakening, which is essential to the spiritual life, in a manner that is very accessible. I will share some brief excerpts from Adya's wisdom, in hopes that it might "awaken" some small insight within you, or might even awaken you to your true nature in a more profound manner. Whatever your experience, I wholeheartedly suggest you give Adya's works a consideration of your time:

"Wake up! You are the divine emptiness, the infinite nothing...

Awakening is the end of seeking; the end of the seeker, but it is the beginning of a life lived in your true nature...

...Are you a conscious expression of the One?

Trying to hold on to your identities...is like trying to shove a camel through the eye of a needle...

'Who am I...?' without any script or role, without the story about who you are... Truth is who you are without your story or script, right now...

Awakening is to have no script, to know that...a script is just a script...

What is born in awakening is a love of what is - of everything that is...

When the awakening is very deep, we no longer operate from a place of the personal self... Awakening reveals that there is no personal self...and that everything is myself.

If you want to wake up, you need to hang around awakened beings..."

Yes, there is so much more I would like to share here. I am hardly halfway through the book, and this is just one page of quotes that I typed out for myself to review and further reflect on! Perhaps another entry may follow...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"