This Day and Every Day - All Shall Be Well!

I arise on this first day of the New Year, and the energy feels different, and lighter, and I head to my meditation room to sit...

I have a custom of lighting two long lasting votive candles on New Year's Eve, reviewing the events of the outgoing year, setting intentions for the incoming one, and expressing gratitude for all things - but both of my candles go out for the first time ever! I manage to re-light them, but only one manages to survive the night...

Somehow, I sense, they are not needed to stand vigil - that a much greater Presence already does. I feel protected and surrounded by a legion of companions both seen and unseen, guiding me from the Beyond...Truly, a doorway has already been opened into this New Year...

I end the year and welcome this new one toasting champagne with friends, having the best of times...

I quietly get up on New Year's Day, and head down to the river, which I have not visited in weeks. Has it been months? I cannot remember...

There are a few cars already there, but as I arrive, they mysteriously disperse along with a few walkers, as if on cue, and all of a sudden, I have the whole expanse before me all to my self!

My heart swells, as I begin to passionately do Metta practice and recite Loving-kindness for everyone that I can think of - family members, friends, those in need - those on my prayer list, and everyone that comes to mind...

"May all beings be filled with Loving-kindness.
May they be well.
May they be at peace and at ease.
May they be happy."

I implore for so many, and the fullness in my heart seems almost unbearable - but I wholeheartedly believe that the energy that you end and start a year with will pretty much permeate the year itself and determine how things will flow...

I do Metta practice, and then I give thanks - for all that has been, for all that is yet to be - for all that must come to pass...

I do Metta practice, and give thanks - knowing that I am not alone...

I do Metta practice, and give thanks - for all the blessings received...

I do Metta practice, and give thanks - with the determined conviction that,

"All shall be well,
and all shall be well,
and all manner of things 
shall be well!"
~ Julian of Norwich

Look to this day, and every day - and know this is true. The Divine is never absent and constantly reminds in little ways - and not so small ones - that we are loved, and held, and heard...

I stand at the very edge of the riverbank, toes in the murky water, with memories still fresh of stepping into the Jordan river, six weeks ago... I stand and think of the healing power of water and baptism, and beginning anew... We always can start over... Again, and again, and again!

Today and every day, receive blessings, and send them out as well!

(And for daily inspirations as you start your New Year, visit these pages:)

On Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/everydayspirit1

On the Web:
http://www.everydayspirit.net

On Twitter:
https://twitter.com/EveryDaySpirit1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"