Wipe the Mirror Clean

I wipe, and wipe, and try to clean mirrors and glass doors, to no avail.

I remember a friend told me to use a razor blade to get the soap scum off of shower doors.

Feeling overwhelmed from being pulled in many directions for a while, I decide I need a task that will provide an outlet for all my frustrations. So I go to Home Depot to buy a really big razor blade designed to scrape tiles and glass doors.

I come home, and settle down to my designated task. and remember a yoga teacher that once taught his students that holding up a mirror will always show us where it is we need to do our work.

So I work at cleaning the very big contractor mirror in my bathroom, that twenty-seven years ago seemed like a good idea. And then I get down on my hands and knees and commence scraping years of build up that I neglected to really see and which has occluded my vision.

Ironically, I have an eye doctor appointment scheduled for tomorrow. It seems my eyesight has dramatically changed for the worse in the last year, and I see all kinds of parallels between the build up on my shower doors and the things I am reluctant to examine in my own life.

I work diligently and very hard at scraping, and in the end, I am amazed with how clear and nearly new my glass doors seem!

I can see through them once again. They are pretty much crystal clear!

And questions arise:

What is it that I am not seeing? 

What is it that I am reluctant to face?

Perhaps clearing the mirror and glass doors is showing me the way to the work I must do.

I breathe a sigh of relief.

There is nothing I cannot clean. There is nothing i cannot release.

Keep scrubbing away. Wipe that mirror clean!

The doors and mirror show me where I need to do the work!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"