A Gratitude Practice at the River

"May I be kind and merciful.
May I be humble and compassionate.
May I be loving and forgiving."

Twelve years ago this week, I began this blog. It has taken many shapes and served many purposes throughout the years.

This morning, on this Thanksgiving week, I went down to the river to do a gratitude practice.

I was reminded of a "Gratitude Litany" I had created a few years ago as a 90 second meditation.

As I did my practice, I found myself voicing these words out loud into the blue expanse before me as a white egret floated quietly on the river:


"May I be kind and merciful.
May I be humble and compassionate.
May I be loving and forgiving."

Practices do not have to be elaborate. They need not consume hours of our time. Just a few minutes of our time to be mindful of those in need that we know - and those we don't - is all that is required. Just a few moments of presence and of gratitude will go a long way to changing us, our lives, and those around us.

Blessings to you. I am grateful for you. I am grateful for all who come my way. 


"May I be kind and merciful.
May I be humble and compassionate.
May I be loving and forgiving."


A Gratitude Litany:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"