Unexpected Peace and Blessings

Reminders of the power of offering peace and blessings to others, sometimes arrives unexpectedly in our lives. 

Like at Costco.

Seriously!

I was on my way out of Costco this morning, having run in just to get batteries for my new flameless candles which were destined for my fireplace. All I meant to do was to zip in - and just as quickly zip out.

Being the introvert that I am, my favorite time to hit the stores is when they open or fairly early during the day, when they are still not relatively crowded or busy. 

I was just on my way out, when the elderly Middle Eastern man who has worked there more than a quarter of a century greeted me. I had not seen him lately and had been wondering about him.

He is always cheerful, mindful, and I often overhear him dispensing blessings to all he encounters as he checks our receipts and purchases.

I stood there for a moment - it wasn't busy, mind you. I looked him in the eye, thanked him, and wished him a good day.

He stood still for a moment - and looked me back in the eye as well, very loving and mindful.

"God bless you!" 

I smiled back, and left totally joyous. What a wonderful way to start my day! With a blessing!

I was still marveling over this simple but beautiful encounter in such a divided world, and then, as I was about to get into my car, I casually glanced at the license plate next to mine:

"Paz a ti"

In other words, "Peace to you!"

Wow! In less than 5 minutes I had been blessed and wished peace in my life.

I got into my car, and took a moment to offer a silent prayer for the owner of the car next to me and the Costco angel, wishing them both all the peace and blessings they would need on this day, and in the future as well.

Be mindful today and always for the small miracles that are scattered everywhere!


My fireplace afterwards!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"