Pause. Breathe. Practice Self Care.

Pause.

Breathe.
Practice self care.

That seems simple enough - right? Almost too simple.

But I can't think of a better way to start my day. Or, a better way to get it back on track if the train of my life has derailed.

In fact, just last night I was talking to a small group about something similar. I told them how I start my day. How I take two hours for a morning practice.

I know. That sounds daunting.

But I didn't start there. I started with ten minutes. Then twenty, and after I retired I added more time as I found myself more comfortable with it all.

This time includes breathing, affirmations, mantras, asking guidance from a litany of saints and beloveds on the other side, tapping, spiritual reading, offering blessings, and doing Lovingkindness, and not in that order. Some days I spend more time with fewer things. I let my inner guidance select the morning rituals.

But other days, I linger in silence, with eyes closed, and a hot cup of coffee in my hands. Yes, coffee.

I used to drink it afterward, but it's been part of my morning routine for a long time. now. Why? It makes me happy.

When I am traveling, I try to keep to this ritual as best as I can. Sometimes it is hard. So I do what I can, and don't worry about the rest. I don't judge any of it. Or, at least I try not to.

Why?

Because it is only over time that one notices the fruits of the practice - not in one individual session. Over time we change. And maybe, just maybe - those around us change as well..

So if this is all you have time for right now in your life - that's okay.

Just pause.
And breathe.
Because you are practicing self care.
And you are embracing Divine Love, and perhaps a steaming cup of tea or coffee.

Try it.
​All shall be well with your soul.

I have some other FREE simple practices for you here:
Gifts for Your Practice

And a simple course with other practices:
MeditationSimple



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"