Many Drops, One Ocean

This beautiful explanation of our essential "oneness" comes from my friend Pat Donworth, and it will be featured on a web site she is about to launch. When I read it, I was struck by how clearly she articulated a concept that is often hard for us to grasp. We are more deeply steeped in our preconceived notions of separation than in our perceptions of the true meaning of union.

The quotes that follow are also from her site:

Many Drops, One Ocean

"Imagine you and I are standing in the shallow waters of the Atlantic Ocean, here in Miami where I live. You dip your hand in the ocean and scoop up a palm full of water. Let's say that scoop of ocean water represents "you."

Now I take my hand and scoop up a palm full of water and my scoop represents "Pat." We look down the beach and notice that every single person - hundreds, let's say - are scooping up water into their palms, and those scoops represent Harry, Jane, Rebekah, Thomas, Jim, and Orville, and so on.

And while each of us may think, "This is MY water; it belongs to me and is 'different' from everyone else's water, the truth is it is the SAME water, the SAME ocean. The only 'difference' is that different hands are holding the scoops of water.

Ah, so the 'difference' is in our hands, not the water..."

Quotes:

This is love:
to fly towards
a secret sky,
to cause a hundred veils
to fall each moment.
First to let go of life.
Finally, to take a step
without feet.
--Rumi

The Breeze of dawn has secrets to tell you;
Don't go back to sleep.
You must ask for what you really want;
Don't go back to sleep.
People are going back and forth across the doorsill
where the two worlds touch.
The door is round and open.
Don't go back to sleep.
--Rumi

My love for You goes deeper than my own soul.
My way amounts to this:
I don't say I'm inside of myself. I'm not.
The I within me is deeper than myself.

Anywhere I look, it's filled with You.
Where can I put You if You're already inside.
--Yunus Emre (13th Century)

For for information on Pat Donworth, see her website:

www.reconnectyourself.com

Catch her new site - launching soon - which will offer very reasonable intuitive readings and tells her incredible life story. Plus, you'll be able to read the entire section entitled: Many Drops, One Ocean!

www.soul22.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"