The Only Constant is Change

Buddhists teach, that the only constant is change...

Gandhi once extolled, that we must be the change we want to see in the world...

The season of Lent invites us to do inner work and reflection and make changes within and ultimately without...

It seems that everything that comes into my inbox lately addresses this theme of change - Lenten reflections, Facebook posts, emails...

I receive a picture of a beautiful bird, an eagle perhaps, with a huge wingspan accompanied by the caption: "Change your mind. Change the world..."

A Lenten reflection I subscribe to, posed this question yesterday: "What would make you drop everything and change directions?"

It is never too late for change...

Rumi reminds us that, "You transform all who are touched by you..."

Truly, the only constant is change...

And today, from my Lenten reflections, "Journey to the Cross," I receive the following insights...

"We are creating the future today. It is hard to imagine what doesn't exist yet. But the choices we make today will define future generations. We get to decide if we want to be part of blessing future generations. Our behaviors today impact the future of the environment, our health our communities, and our families.

We decide if we help to create a future of love, hope, and compassion or a future of hatred, fear, and judgment." Bonnie Cassida

I pause, and slowly drink in the magnitude of those words, and the closing prayer at the end of these reflections seems to acknowledge this:

"God of blessings, help me to look beyond myself and into the hope of your promise. As I look toward my future, help me to also imagine generations beyond myself."

Just as I get ready to start my day, I read this:

"Everyone who has ever taken a shower has had an idea. It's the person who gets out of the shower, dries off, and does something about it that makes a difference." Nolan Bushnell

I go to the river and survey the broad expanse... The river is always in a state of change. This is not good or bad - it just simply is...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"