The Choice to be Positive

On this first day of the Vernal Equinox, I go down to the river in the morning, and stay for a while to do Lovingkindness meditations, and to recite the Reiki Precepts...

I also recite a "mantra" of sorts that has arisen for me, these last few days:

Let it be.
Let it go.
Let go of holding on.
Hold on to letting go.
Let go, and let God...

In the midst of so much negativity, anger, brusque, and sarcastic behavior and comments I have been silently witnessing on three Facebook pages dedicated to the Anusara yoga situation, I decide to step back...

I decide to step back in many ways, and journey more deeply within, because it shows me where I need to do my own inner work...

There is a much bigger world out there, and I am overwhelmed by the many I know who are in need, and removed from this situation. This is not to belittle the reality of things or the experiences of people, but I just cannot give it my energy any more...

It is a good time to assess where I am in life - what needs to change - and what I should be focusing on...

As often happens, a couple of things came into my in box yesterday, and I will share this one, by Jon Gordon, simple entitled, "The Positive Pledge." It reminds me that I have a choice in life. I can choose to be positive, or not. I can do this by the choice of my words, my actions, and most especially, my thoughts. That is why I am coming to the river once again to do lovingkindness meditations, so I that I may heal and release, what does not serve me - and so that I may also help others do the same...

Here is the pledge...

The Positive Pledge

"I pledge to be a positive person and positive influence on my family, friends, co-workers and community. I promise to be positively contagious and share more smiles, laughter, encouragement and joy with those around me.
I vow to stay positive in the face of negativity.
When I am surrounded by pessimism I will choose optimism.
When I feel fear I will choose faith.
When I want to be bitter I will choose to get better.
When I experience a challenge I will look for opportunity to learn and grow.
When faced with adversity I will find strength.
When I experience a set-back I will be resilient.
When I meet failure I will fail forward towards future success.
With vision, hope, and faith, I will never give up and will always move forward towards my destiny.
I believe my best days are ahead of me, not behind me.
I believe I'm here for a reason and my purpose is greater than my challenges.
I believe that being positive not only makes me better, it makes everyone around me better.
So today and every day I will be positive and strive to make a positive impact on the world."

May you be inspired by these words to make the choice to seed your heart and live with positive thoughts, words, and actions...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"