Roots and Wings

There is a time to live, and a time to die...

Parents know that they must provide their children with a strong foundation, education, and values - so that they may eventually leave the nest and flourish on their own...

In the last few days I've received so much sad news... A dear friend is helping her father transition... Another awaits the birth of her child, facing complications. And another was just diagnosed with cancer. A dear friend of my family transitioned today...

I consider all these occurrences against the back drop of my yoga community and the events that shattered it...

What does all this mean?

What does it say to me?

I am reminded of the fragility of life and the importance of living fully in the present moment...

I am reminded that children need roots and wings - much like some of my yoga community's progeny - which are now finding their voices and stepping into their own power...

I am reminded that the only constant is change...

And, I am reminded of of the famous passage from Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8 - "There is time to live and a time to die..."

There is a time to hold on to something, and there is a time to let go of it...

There is a time to follow your heart, and walk a different path, even if you leave others behind...

I end this posting with this wonderful quote I saw on Facebook, because it seems so appropriate to me right now...

"There is a voice inside of you
That whispers all day long,
'I feel that this is right for me,
I know that this is wrong.'
No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
Or wise man can decide
What's right for you - just listen to
The voice that speaks inside."
~ Shel Siverstein

Let us all live fully and freely and give others the room to do so as well. Let us accept everyone as they are - wherever they may be. Amen!

Comments

EPF said…
Thank you for this beautiful post.
Olga Rasmussen said…
Blessings to you!

Olga

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"