An Anticipation of Spring

The day dawns beautifully and magnificently, and I drive, for the first time in months, to meet friends I worked with a decade ago, with my window down...

I breathe in the wonderful air bursting with prana - the very life force of God, its freshness, heralding the anticipation of spring...

I enjoy shared laughter over a fine meal, and re-connect with vibrant spirits I have not seen in a while, remembering the fun we have had in the past...

I come home, and go on a wonderful walk, the sun shining not only in my body, but in my heart, as I register, not only the anticipation of the coming spring, but the celebration tomorrow, of Paramahansa Yogananda's Mahasamadhi. I look forward to meditating on the anniversary of his transition...

In one week, we have gone from receiving several inches of snow, to having a teaser of the coming season. March comes in like a lion - will it leave like a lamb?

The snow is mostly gone, but there are little puddles of it here and there. I reverently bend down and touch the coldness of one small white patch, hidden in a spot that the sun's rays does not reach it...Tomorrow it may not be there, dying as a result of warmer temperatures, to give birth to new rising, and the new emerging season...

"The rose garden of love
is rising from the world's agony."
- Rumi

And I too, arise, from the agony of my soul's long dark night...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"