Darshan and the Gift of Light

There are no words to describe my second "darshan" with Mother Meera...

Readers of this blog, will recall that in September of 2008, I had the opportunity to experience darshan with Mother Meera when she came to Maryland.

The word "darshan" literally means "sight" - and is most generally understood as to be granted a vision of the Divine, or the opportunity to be in the presence of a Divine Incarnation, avatar, or saint and receive a direct transmission of their energy.

Two years ago, I had the most incredible experience. But, much has happened in my life since then, and I felt much lighter and joyous, and much more deeply transformed this second time. It has seemed to me, in the couple days since I had darshan, that something very profoundly shifted in me...

Darshan with Mother Meera occurs in silence. I was so lost in meditating, I almost missed my opportunity to go up to her! When you finally do approach her, you kneel before her and she cradles your head. During that time, it is said she untangles karmic knots. When she releases your head - you look up and gaze into her eyes as she gazes back into yours - for what seems like an eternity...

There is a knowingness and a recognition - and a sense of seeing the whole cosmos and its mysteries unfold before you in her eyes...

Yes, those eyes...

You can get lost in those eyes...

When I drove back home, lost in my reveries, visibly moved, I glanced over at a car driving in the lane beside me, with these words inscribed on a door:

"Speak less.
Speak sweetly.
Speak softly."

Did this person know where I had been and what I had experienced? Surely he or she knew where I needed to go and how I needed to be!

It is said that Mother Meera came to bring light into the world. She says:

"For this I came - to open your hearts to the Light."

And so, I have felt this column of light within, expanding, ever so slowly, surrounding me, engulfing me, and embracing me...She also says:

"I do not speak but my force changes people completely. The power of the Divine works in the silence and will change things according to your aim and what you ask for. Sometimes I can give immediately what you have requested. Sometimes it takes time."

My requests are deep, and personal - and not so much for myself, but for loved ones and their intentions and needs...

Today, I think of Mother Meera on my way to sub for a friend's yoga class. On the way out, I stop, and choose a card from a deck of them engraved with her sayings and words of wisdom. And this is the one that I draw:

"Your soul is with me always."

I am reminded of Jesus saying to the disciples in the scriptures, after the resurrection:

"I will be with you until the end of time."

I think of the Guru who also asserts that his presence will be felt in every lifetime - until final merging with the Divine is attained...

And in one instant, my heart softens, and my soul smiles, and I know that I am embraced forever in Divine Love...

(For my previous experience, read: "The Gift of Darshan"
http://aligningwithgrace.blogspot.com/2008/09/gift-of-darshan.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"