May the Road Rise to Meet You

It's a beautiful day here, in the Washington DC, area. The sky is a brilliant blue, it is warm, and spring is definitely in the air. It is a day when the Irish, and just about everyone else, celebrates St. Patrick's Day. There is not an Irish bone in my body, but I am married to a man who is half Danish and half Irish, and we became engaged on this day, eons ago, in 1979, when I was working on my Master's in Systematic Spirituality, and he was working on combined JD-MBA degrees. I know he picked that day so he wouldn't forget it!

Today, after meditating, and leaving to take my weekly yoga class, which was nothing short of divine, (and unexpectedly populated with other friends who came to visit), I was moved to send this traditional Irish Blessing to some friends, and I offer it here, to you all as well!

"May the road the road rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields
And until we meet again
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand."

Blessings to all of you, and yours - now and always - on this day, and every day beyond it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"