A Time to Begin Again

It is always a time to begin...

It is always the time to begin again, and again, and again...

I thought of this yesterday, as I sat and walked in meditation, praying very intensely for loved ones and friends, on a day, that was also one of great sadness, for a tremendous earthquake struck Japan and its people, sending dangerous tidal waves half a world away, and I thought to myself, God surely is hearing the magnitude of their cries...

I thought of this again, last night, in a yoga practice led by Ross Rayburn, a wonderful Anusara Yoga certified teacher, as I, recovering from an injury, practiced in between the two women who have been my primary teachers for these last five years. I had just returned to the mat, a few days before, after a few weeks of being side-lined...

I thought of this, as a dear friend laid her healing hands on me earlier this week, bestowing a healing that was made manifest, over the course of the next few days, most explicitly in dimensions unseen, rather than in those that are...

I thought of this, as I listened to, and imbibed the spiritual message imparted by Tina Turner, on the CD, Beyond: Buddhist and Christian Prayers...

I thought of this, as I reflected on the the profoundly painful experience of several friends, whose lives have been altered radically, in ways that could not have been foreseen...

I thought of this, as I reflected on Ross' message to us, to become heavy, and yet to become expansive - embodying the First Principle of "Inner body bright," not only in our side body, but in our pelvis, in our big toes, and even in our inner ears! And I realized, a new threshold in the practice, leading to a deeper level of exploration and experience, had been revealed. In the midst of Ross's invitation to us, he instructed us to not try so hard...

I thought of this, as I reflected on a conversation yesterday morning at breakfast, with a dear intuitive soul, where I shared the recollection of my first spiritual memory, knowing before the age of five, that I had not yet begun to live my mission, knowing that it was spiritual in nature...

I thought of this, just this very morning, when I read a status post, in commemoration of World Book Day, which occurred on the 3rd of this month. It asked us to lay hands on the first book we saw, turn to page 56, and write down the 5th sentence we read, without disclosing the titled of the book. And so I read, this status posted online by a colleague,

"It's the only one you will be given..."

I reflect on what this might mean - perhaps, the only time, or the only life? It does not matter, it is a reminder that every moment is precious, and so is every gift that we receive, those we cherish, and those we do not recognize as gifts...

And so, I pick up the book closest to me, and do the same, and these are the words I read:

"This was the providential opportunity for her to begin her new mission..."

Once more, finding myself, at a crossroads, plunging deeply into a Lenten journey, re-committing to practices of living my life differently and expressed in so many ways, these words are poignant and impregnated with many layers of meaning...

I think of my last entry...If we go beyond the surface, the boundaries, the limitations - and all of our spiritual practices invite us to do this - then we begin again - and again, and again. It is part of our life's purpose and journey. The mystical is always being disclosed in the mundane...

And yes, it is a time to begin again, and immerse ourselves much more deeply in the currents of life...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"