Offer and Surrender Your Intentions

Recently, a friend suggested placing my intentions in a special container - a prayer box, or jar, or whatever I might find suitable.

It is a practice that I've turned to time and time again, but it seemed to once more draw me, in this moment, in our world, where there is so much need on so many levels.

I had a prayer jar I have used in the past, but wanted something different, so I re-appropriated a small box with dancing Sufis, or "Rumis," as I like to think of them, which I had gotten in Istanbul.

I wrote my intentions, and put them into this box and lit a candle, and sat down to meditate.

I have done this many times before. But this time, I added the practice of surrendering my intentions. This does not come easily to me.

Yes, like many, I ask for things often. But I also seem to have a roadmap for how things should go - how they should be solved. The notion of asking and surrendering, and trusting that all would be resolved in its own time, in the best possible way - that was another matter entirely, but one that had been showing up for me quite often lately.

If this resonates with you, find a box, a jar - or a small container to put your prayers, your intentions, or your worries in. You may write them out on a piece of paper, or you might just simply intend and visualize them there. Then simply let go of them. You may be surprised at the outcome!

We do not need to solve everything. That is not to say we should not try to actively involve ourselves in making our world a better place. But neither do we have to take on all of the world's burdens.

We can acknowledge these burdens and concerns. We can pray for them - and send them healing energy - or whatever appeals to us.

I do believe in the power of collective consciousness and its ability to shift things. I do believe that we are capable of raising the vibration of this planet - one person and one situation or experience at a time. And there are many ways to do this. We can do this by being more loving and compassionate, and by depositing our good intentions and vibrations into the ethers.

Just for today, in whatever way appeals to you, offer your intentions. There are many roads toward doing good and making a difference. Just find yours. And then surrender your offerings, your intentions, and your actions. And trust that somehow, all shall be well!

"I find I serve the world best,
by keeping my distance and freedom."
~ Thomas Merton




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"