It's About the Journey

Are you one of those persons always in motion? Always trying to get from point A to point B?


Have you spent most of your life acquiring things - degrees, trainings, certificates, collectibles? 

Is life always about "more this" or "more that?"

Is it about traveling to every state or as many countries as you can? Or learning more languages? Or getting better at a game - a sport - or something?

Are things always a means to an end?

We spend a lot of our lives working towards something. But what I am coming to realize more and more as I get older is - that it's not about the destination. It's always about the journey.

Now, looking back at my life, I am seeing more deeply that "less is more."

If I could do some things again - I'd certainly acquire less. Now, I am consumed with establishing a more zen like life - with less material things - less striving - and less "to do" things on my list. But it's not easy. There is the continual matter of what to do with stuff. There is an overwhelming urge to simplify.

It's the journey that matters. It's what shapes us and makes us who we really are.

But here's the thing. It's never too late to change.

Stop. Slow down. Simplify. Savor and enjoy the journey. Don't worry about getting anywhere! It's all about the ride!

For more simple practices, visit:
FREE Gifts 4 U!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"