Coming Full Circle into Grace

Last night I took my last yoga class of the session - and today I taught my own last class of the session...

My teacher came full circle and ended with the same principle that we began the session with - opening to grace...

She encouraged us to engage all of the shoulder principles in poses - and then to broaden in the back of our hearts and body - opening the doors to grace...

At the end she told us that she did not teach us anything that was not already engraved within our hearts...

I thought of this, as I taught my own class of beginners - that were no longer beginners themselves. Their sun salutations and standing poses were exquisite as they moved gracefully from pose to pose...

I also thought of a newsletter I received which stated that:

"April is about flowing with change...It is a time to plant seeds, and to put our energy toward that which we wish to manifest, and to continue to clear out old patterning...

Blessings abound in the most difficult lessons, and so we learn to suspend our judgment until we see the bigger picture. Gifts present themselves in the most unlikely places and we learn to be grateful for them. Joy is present everywhere, once we peek beyond the curtain of illusion..."

This morning I went to the river and it was cold but sunny...Deer scurried about and crossed my path - and four black dogs ran freely and happily all over the banks of the river. Yet they obediently ran back to their owner when summoned.

I thought of the many lessons of this past year, and those of the last few weeks as well...Lessons are not truly learned or experienced without us opening to everything they bring to us - sorrow and pain - and ultimately joy and grace...

I end with this quote sent to me this morning - it is by Eleanor Roosevelt:

"One's philosophy is not best expressed in words;
it is expressed in the choices one makes.
In the long run, we shape our lives
and we shape ourselves.
The process never ends until we die.
And the choices we make
are ultimately our own responsibility."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"