Psalm 23

In the midst of so much busyness - I hear a voice inside me that says - Go down to the river and receive what you need...

The sky is overcast - it has been drizzling, but it has stopped now, and the sun is trying to peak through...

I look out at the river and hear this line in my head:

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want..."

I laugh, because of all of the psalms, it is my least favorite - and it is always used in funerals...

I have joked in the past that I do not want this psalm recited at mine - just as I do not want "Amazing Grace" sung either...

But I contemplate the words of this psalm - and for the first time they fill and comfort my heart...

The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want...
He leads beside still waters,
He restores my soul.
He leads me in right paths
for His name's sake.

Even though I walk through
the darkest valley,
I fear no evil,
for you are with me...

You prepare a table before me...
my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and mercy
shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell
in the house of the Lord,
my whole life long...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"