Mellow Yellow

I spent the afternoon painting my bathroom the brightest, most intense yellow you have probably ever seen. One way my son describes it is as "highligher yellow." The other way he describes it is not fit for print.

Painting is very therapeutic and healing. I often do it when I need to shift things inwardly. Or, as a result of shifting things, painting will often follow.

Painting also draws one deeply into the present moment - the only moment there ever is...

"Why not concentrate on the now
instead of hoping for better times in the future?
Why not understand the now
instead of forgetting it and hoping for the future?
Isn't the the future just another trap?"
- Anthony De Mello

"Nothing is worth more than this day.
You cannot relive yesterday.
Tomorrow is still beyond your reach."
- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"