Prana

Yesterday I mentioned prana briefly.

The latest newsletter from the Chopra Center has this quote and this to say about prana:

"Are you looking for me?
I am in the next seat.
When you really look for me
You will find me instantly.
You will find me in the tiniest house of time.
Kabir says: Student, tell me,
what is God?
He is the breath inside the breath.
- Kabir

"In Vedantic philosophy, prana is the life-sustaining force tha flows through our bodies...In Sanskrit, prana means breath. And it is our breath - each breath - that keeps us in constant dynamic change with the Universe. This energetic life force that moves in us, out of us, within us, and through us, is ever present in our extended bodies as well, swirling with the wind, exploding with the surf, swaying with the trees, and rolling through the blades of grass. Prana exists in every being and every piece of this planet that has life within it."

As I listen to the rain softly beating down on this overcast Saturday morning, it too, reminds me of the life force. In a couple of days everything will be green once again.

For a more detailed explanation of prana and pranayama and its techniques, read this newsletter:

www.chopra.com/namaste/sept08

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"