Broken Malas - Karma Released

I spend the day of a Guru's birthday in meditation and sacred practices, all throughout the day...

I have heard it said, that special energies surround one on the day of one's birthday. Emboldened by this thought and knowledge, I approach my meditation with an important request, sensing that God and Guru will not deny me...

I end the day by reading beautiful letters this Guru wrote to a Beloved disciple and glean so many sacred messages that bring solace to a wounded heart...

I do one last meditation in the evening before retiring for sleep, which takes me deep and it seems I lose myself in the heart of the cosmos and take leave of waking consciousness...

In the morning I awaken to find pieces of my garnet mala bracelet in my bed. I am heartbroken, but remember being told, that a broken mala signifies release of karma...It is also a reminder to detach once more and relinquish one more layer of being...

Is this the answer to my request? I feel it is - though I am not quite sure what it releases - something here or there - or somewhere in my past...

It does not matter...I know I have received whatever it was that I was meant to receive...

I sit in meditation in the early evening today, and lay the broken pieces of my mala bracelet at the feet of Babaji, Guru of Gurus, and give thanks - for what is seen...and what is unseen...

for what is given and for what is taken...

for what is and for what is not...

I finish this entry and the clock reads: 5:55 - it too is a sign...of Christ Consciousness...

It is only much later that I remember that January 6th is the Feast of the Epiphany, when the Wise Men brought their incredible gifts to the baby Jesus. On this day, children in many cultures receive gifts as well...

And I, am given a treasure...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"