Snow Day Inspirations

I received both of these inspirational pieces in the last couple of days from two different friends. The first one was embedded in the sermon given at the National Cathedral, at the Prayer Service for President Obama, the day after the Inauguration.

Both of them warmed my heart and conveyed the exact message I needed to hear in each moment that it was received...

The Wolf Story

There is a story attributed to Cherokee wisdom:
One evening a grandfather was teaching his young grandson about the internal battle that each person faces.

"There are two wolves struggling inside each of us," the old man said.

"One wolf is vengefulness, anger, resentment, self-pity, fear...
The other wolf is compassion, faithfulness, hope, truth, love..."

The grandson sat, thinking, then asked:

"Which wolf wins, Grandfather?"

His grandfather replied,

"The one you feed."


I Wish You Enough
by Bob Perks

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys
will appear that much bigger.

I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough "Hellos," to get through the "Final Goodbye."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"