Thoughts of the Seven Seas

I have spent the last two days painting my basement a beautiful light purple called the "Purpling Dawn" in preparation for teaching there once again. It is almost finished, except for touch ups and a few things here and there.

I had a friend come over and look at it yesterday, after I had finished painting somewhere between a half and three quarters of the space. I needed another set of creative eyes to look at that space and aid me in decorating it.

It has come together very beautifully. The color is exquisite - so much lighter than the rich purple of my Sacred Space which is where I spend most of my days when I am at home. This space is my own personal practice area - where I do my asanas and sit in meditation. It is also where I write - surrounded by many icons and murtis, and a huge collection of incredible crystals. It a room people enter and immediately are overcome by the vibrations it reflects. Those who are more intuitive, often pick up on the beings that inhabit the space as well...

I painted my new teaching space with music by MIchael Jackson blaring, as well as the luscious melodies of Marcome, my new favorite.

One song, titled "Seven Seas" filled my soul, and spoke to me so very deeply. Here is an excerpt of that song:

"When I'm sittting near you you're far away
got a feeling our love has gone astray
together we sailed the seven seas
Will our feelings dwell on yesterdays?

Take me for the ride of my life
no returning
intertwined lovingly
feel the yearning.
Could we share..?

Won't you look inside me as I will you?
All our deep desires can pull us through
Together there's no fear we can't face
Never doubting we can sail again

Take me by the hand, let us dance
Set our souls free in a trance of romance
Just enfold me in the warmth
of your arms drifting slowly..."


This song spoke to me of human love - but also of Divine Love. I thought of meditation taking one for the ride of one's life - much in the same that human love can do. I thought of the yearning to be deeply possessed by God - as one might desire of another...

I thought of these things as I finished up my painting, knowing that that the only thing that awaits is my sanctifying this sacred space with a meditation...

I end, with so many references to the healing graces of water shared by my Twitter friends:

"You are so weak. Give up to grace.
The ocean takes care of each wave
till it gets to shore."
~Rumi

"One should lie empty, open,
choiceless as a beach -
waiting for a gift from the sea."
- Ann Morrow

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
my love as deep, the more I give to thee
the more I have for both are infinite."
-Shakespeare (Romeo and Juliet)

"Those who don't feel this love
pulling them like a river,
and who don't drink dawn
like a cup of spring water,
let them sleep."
-Rumi

"A lifetime without love
is of no account.
Love is the Water of Life."
-Rumi

Yes! Love is the Water of Life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"