I Didn't Know My Own Strength

On this beautiful Sunday day, I slept in, feeling a bit under the weather. I think the trip to Paris took its toll and my body just needs to catch up, rest, and recuperate...

I am sorry to be missing the weekend workshop with the beautiful yogini goddess Sianna Sherman, an exquisite Anusara Yoga, Certified Teacher, but I realized after attending one session yesterday, and coughing a bit and feeling exhausted, that it was best to come home...Sometimes, that is the best that we can do. While I am disappointed, I know that I have made the right decision...

There is a part of me that would love to go down to the river today, but I go there in my mind instead...

I listen and watch the incomparable Whitney Houston, sing her new song, "I Didn't Know My Own Strength," on Oprah (via YouTube), and I am amazed at her comeback, after truly hitting the deepest bottom one could possibly reach.

While my own experiences these past couple of years shy in comparison to hers, I too, learned, that "I didn't know my own strength..." It was a lesson that the river taught me, over and over again, and which I had to learn, albeit somewhat reluctantly and repeatedly at times...

But now I can truly say, yes - "I didn't know my own strength" to overcome, to endure, to heal, to become, and to flourish..."

We all have the inner strength and resourcefulness to be all that we can be and are meant to be. Perhaps there is no greater tragedy that a life that remains unlived, and potential that is left unexplored...

Here are the words to Whitney's song...

Whitney Houston - I Didn’t Know My Own Strength Lyrics


Lost touch with my soul

I had no where to turn

I had no where to go

Lost sight of my dream,

Thought it would be the end of me

I thought I’d never make it through

I had no hope to hold on to,

I thought I would break


I didn’t know my own strength

And I crashed down, and I tumbled

But I did not crumble

I got through all the pain

I didn’t know my own strength

Survived my darkest hour

My faith kept me alive

I picked myself back up

Hold my head up high

I was not built to break

I didn’t know my own strength


Found hope in my heart,

I found the light to life

My way out the dark

Found all that I need

Here inside of me

I thought I’d never find my way

I thought I’d never lift that weight

I thought I would break


I didn’t know my own strength

And I crashed down, and I tumbled

But I did not crumble

I got through all the pain

I didn’t know my own strength

Survived my darkest hour

My faith kept me alive

I picked myself back up

Hold my head up high

I was not built to break

I didn’t know my own strength


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"