Life is Good in the River and Out of It

For the first time in almost two weeks, I arise and steal away for a few moments to go down to the river...

It is the second day in September and it is light and crisp outside - the weather more reminiscent of the end of the month than its beginning...

The river is murky and not very appealing, but there is not a soul in sight and I long to commune with its waters none-the-less...

I think of the upcoming first class of the Fall session I will begin in about three weeks, as I mentally review the postings I made online today - all alluding to my theme and opening comments for that class...

"Life is a dance between remembering and forgetting. When we open to grace we remember who we are and we say yes to the whole river of life.

We remember grace every time we step into its rich currents and surrender to its healing waters. Thus, we open the door to transformation.

Grace flows like a river and when we step into its currents we are healed and baptized by its tributaries..."

I paddle upstream, navigating a small swath that is not overwhelmed by the hydrilla which has grown exponentially, in the nearly two weeks I have visited...

I enjoy the hour I spend here, before returning home to meditate with two dear friends, going very deeply in...

I visit a friend with a serious illness who is also a gifted intuitive. She tells me that I no longer have to paddle upstream to work through my emotions...

I connect with dear friends in many ways, and am reminded of one who said we must be fully present to every moment life gifts us with, and we must be just as present to every one that we are with...

I tell a gifted therapist that for the first time in several years I am truly happy and know that everything in my life is unfolding as it should...

I tell several others I speak or write to, that life is good and then laugh when I realize the shirt I have worn today happens to proclaim that "Life is Good!"

Time goes by - every moment is magnificent - and I am grateful for so many wonderful people that I have come to know in these last couple of years...

I tell a dear friend that I feel love and blessings raining down on me like a shower of grace. And she says yes - she feels it too, and that God is EVERYWHERE!

I paddle back with Grace, my beautiful kayak and the vessel that has transported me over these waters on my healing journey - never imagining where we would be a year later, and I think to myself - even in the midst of pain and the dance between heartache and bliss - Yes! Life is good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"