Filled to the Brim

I arrived last night from The Woodlands, Texas, and meeting with the Anusara Yoga Curriculum Committee, over the period of several days. Today, I take it easy by slowing down and tackling domestic chores.

I sleep in a little, not as much as I had hoped, and then I head out to McDonald's for coffee and a brief chat with the wonderfully radiant soul who takes my order. Then I make my way down to the river...

Snow is in the air - anywhere from a foot - to a foot and half of precipitation is predicted. I cannot remember the last time I was down at this river and I wonder what it would like in heavy snow. I walk down to the boat launch area, and find the edges frozen, and the water very still and gray. Nearby, some ducks are making quite a racket...

I am filled to the brim from my three days of meeting. I have come home with a sense of the sacredness of the tasks that we have been entrusted with - as we chart the future and the direction of Anusara Yoga - not only in terms of its curriculum and teachings - but in its very essence and soul as well. I am in awe - and speechless - I cannot share all I would like because it is hard to articulate - so much will unfold in the days, and months to come...All I can say is - it is an honor to be part of this process, and I come away from it all with the greatest sense of respect and appreciation for all those who came together for this meeting...

Late last night, as I wrote to one beautiful soul who attended this gathering - someone I did not really know before - I noted that it was no accident we came together to do this work - for it is a sacred mission indeed...

The meetings were intensely passionate - so many speaking and sharing eloquently from the depths of their hearts - each and every one committed to the vision of Anusara Yoga.

There was an opportunity to practice with John Friend - the founder of Anusara - even though it was a brief experience. There was also an opportunity to visit the offices of Anusara, and even John's beautiful home as well - where he hosted us for dessert after dinner the first night. But perhaps the greatest highlight was being able to meditate in his sacred space individually - and as a group - and to see and experience first hand - so many cherished objects I had head about for so many years. The power of meditation and the murtis - the sacred statues in this room was palpable.

I shared a little of this earlier today, with a friend I had not seen in a year. I last saw her when we went for a walk at Riverbend - a park further down along the Potomac River from where I live. We shared all the amazing and wonderful things that have happened in our lives in the last year. And then she asked me to consider working with some of the Hispanic women she works with who are living with cancer, offering them some yoga, meditation, and Reiki. As a former yoga student of mine, she shared that I had impacted her life in a very positive and influential way, and she wanted to see me share what I had to offer to another segment of the population with very real needs. It sounds like a wonderful idea to me...

I am filled to the brim - and I have a sense that so much more will unfold in the time to come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"