A Sacred Message Received Before Christmas Eve

On this day - or eve - before Christmas Eve, I take a moment to go down to the river. I longed to visit it while it was snowing, but I knew that it would be impossible, for the park would be closed...

I walk down to the boat launch where snow had been shoveled along the water's edge. It is a bit windy and as bitterly cold as it gets in this area. I breathe in the crispness of the air, and something deep within me stirs, almost gasping for life.

I reflect on sacred messages received from a dear soul, and ponder how we are given what we need, in every moment. On the day of the Solstice she shared with me, "Christ's love is so present, in my heart and and soul." She spoke of spending more time in meditation and prayer.

The sun is going down now, and I will go out and take a long walk in the snow at Twilight. I did so yesterday, listening to sacred choral music, and felt myself held in the palm of God's Hand.

I leave you with another beautiful message received, almost unexpectedly, but one which touched my heart deeply this afternoon. It is not only a message for the Sacred Christmas Season, but one for all times and all seasons - and indeed, for every moment of every day...

"This Christmas
mend a quarrel.
Seek out a forgotten friend.
Write a love letter.
Share some treasure. Give a
soft answer. Encourage youth.
Keep a promise.
Find the time.
Forgive an enemy. Listen.
Apologize if you were wrong.
Think first of someone else.
Be kind and gentle.
Laugh a little. Laugh a little more.
Express your gratitude. Gladden
the heart of a child. Take pleasure
in the beauty and wonder of the earth.
Speak your love. Speak it again.
Speak it still once again."
~ Anonymous

Blessings of love, sent to all of you, in a shower of grace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"