The River Heals

The morning is beautiful - warm and yet breezy - birds are singing everywhere - and it is more reminiscent of a day that would normally come about a month later...

After my morning meditation, I head down to the river, and step into the waters, it is a baptism of sorts. I intend to cleanse away much of what has consumed my life of late, and instead, begin focusing on beginning anew...

Like I did for years at the banks of this river, I take time - to breathe in the fresh air, as my eyes also absorb the broad expanse before me of undulating waves that come towards me - to recite the Reiki Precepts and do Lovingkindness meditation for myself, my Anusara community, for its previous leader, and for those - known and unknown - secretly hurting by all that has transpired...

I do my own personal variation of Lovingkindness - the one that served me so well - and nurtured me and guided me out of depression - beginning with myself, and then adding many more to my recitation afterwards:

"May I be filled with Lovingkindness.
May I be well.
May I be at peace and at ease.
May I be happy."

And then, I recite the Reiki Precepts, slowly and mindfully. They too, were very healing at a certain time of my life. Indeed, coming to this river has always been healing...

I cannot share the version of the Precepts that were given to me by my teacher, Frans Stiene, (since it is passed on from teacher to student) but I share a version that is in the public domain:

"Just for today, I will not be angry.
Just for today, I will not worry.
Just for today, I will be grateful.
Just for today, I will do my work honestly.
Just for today, I will be kind to every living thing."

Today, the breeze that touches my face and invigorates my lungs, heals. Today, I am reminded, that it is another day.

Today, spring is in the air, and I know that I - and everyone that chooses to do so - can begin again.
..

I know this, because I believe in hope...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"