Aligning Words and Actions in Love

I have this yard stick, or as a dear soul friend today pointed out - a litmus test - that helps me navigate this often confusing and turbulent world.


We live in times filled with misinformation, violence, and division. If I chose to focus on that, I would constantly live in fear and erode years from my sanity and life.

How to decide what is real?

How to know whether to trust or believe in anyone, most especially, those in leadership or seeking it?

The answer for me, is very simple. It contains the essence of every ethical, spiritual, and practice traditions:

Are the words and actions rooted in Love?

I look at the information, I consider the character of a person and what and how they are presenting their information - and:

I simply ask myself whether what they are saying or how they acting - is in alignment with love.

Does it engender love - or at least strive to? We may not always succeed in all of our endeavors, but what is our intention in the long run? Is it to be a better person and make this world a better place? If it is, it will be evident in the overall pattern of what we say and do over time.

I apply this yardstick or litmus test unconsciously now, almost all of the time. This is how I decide what to read, who to spend my precious time with, and what news to pay attention to. Important news information and messages need to be delivered - but how is it being delivered? Is it in a way that is meant to inform, or in a way that will sow more division among us? 

It is a simple practice for me, and I share it with you in hopes that it may be useful. If it resonates, great - and if it doesn't that's fine too. You might have a better method, and if so, I'd love to hear about it. I am always in search of good tips and better ways to live my life!

May our words and actions, always be rooted in Love! 

May we live in such at way that at the end of our lives, others will say, that we lived it in alignment with Love.

For more practices, visit:
Gifts 4 U!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"