What Was, Is, and Will Be

Recently, on a walk, I was almost oblivious to the beauty surrounding me, worrying about something that I can't even remember right now. And then, out of nowhere - I felt this message, very clearly, in the depths of my soul:


What was, was.
What is, is.
What will be, will be.


I sighed.

What does this even mean, you might ask? I certainly did.

I cannot change the past - or maybe even what is happening right now. Whatever happens will happen regardless of what I may or may not do. I could influence some outcomes and change my life and its direction - but I can't be assured of any of those things.

What I can change is my attachment to whatever happened in the past - whatever cards I am dealt with now or in the future. 

I can look at things with dispassion - and accept them as they are - without attachment. I can also consider things from a non-reactive place. I can change my perspective of what happened in the past or what is occurring right now.

I know, it is easier said than done.

I can also strive to be the best person I that I can be - live the best life that I can - and not beat myself up for whatever happens or what I consider my failings to be. Because, after all, we all fail. 

How many of us live and re-live past infractions over and and over again in our minds, as if we could possibly change the outcomes? I know I do. But here's the thing. We can't go back and change what happened. But we can look at it differently. There are always lessons for us in every experience or past event. There are lessons we are learning right now, it this moment. And others that we have yet to experience and digest.

I felt I was also being reminded to live in the present moment and to let go of the past and future. For really, now is the only moment there is. To really live this way, would be to live in a way that is unencumbered. 

Maybe you need this message as well:

What was, was.
What is, is.
What will be, will be.


For more simple spiritual practices, and free gifts, visit:
Gifts 4 U!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"