Balancing and Healing

Yesterday I had the pleasure of spending the day with Todd Norian, a gifted Anusara Yoga teacher, for a workshop on arm balances and backbends, and another on therapeutics.

This morning, as I was reviewing my notes, I delighted in the beauty and simplicity of his insights and the wonderful experiences I had yesterday in the local Anusara community.

In the morning, I shared with a wonderful teacher some of the misalignments and pains I experienced in my body. She made sure that Todd came around and worked with me in several assists that shed a lot of light and insight into my practice. I was also able to partner up with other experienced teachers who worked with me. I was so touched by the love and compassion and encouragement that was so selflessly extended to me. Though as Todd noted, all were being supportive of one another.

Here are some of things that Todd shared:

Why do angels fly? Because they take themselves lightly...You have to be willing to be silly in practicing these challenging poses.

Hand balancings have so much power to them. And to do them we need to:
1. Hug to the mid line
2. Engage our feet
3. And root to rise...

These poses can empower us and allow us to experience victory consciousness and transcend victim consciousness...

Squirrels don't fight over who buries the seeds from year to year...

What we say, feel, and do - affects the quantum field...What we see on the outside - is based on what we see on the inside...Our cells respond to what we think...

If you are injured - I am injured...We are all one...

The work of Dr. Emoto and the crystallization pattern of water is indicative of the fact that water listens and responds to thoughts and words - even better than we do...

Healing takes patience, perseverance, persistence, and practice...

A lot of things to contemplate...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"