Weaving of Our Days

On this early Sunday morning, before I leave to teach a workshop in Annapolis on the Bhagavad Gita, I read this quote by Joyce Rupp in an article written by a nun whom I have known for more than half of my life:

"When did you first weave
your way into my life, Beloved?...
I do not know the precise moment.
Perhaps there never was one.
More, it seems to me are
the countless ways you enter,
thread by thread,
the pattern of my days."

In our busyness and commitments and responsibilities, years will spill into years, hardly noticed or marked, unless we consciously sanctify that time. In Sr. Mary Frances' words:

"The weaving of our days continues,
and we pray for the Grace to recognize
the Beloved in each strand."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"