Back on the River

I return to the river after an absence of over a week. Though it is Columbus Day, I have the river to myself...

The leaves are beginning to turn - yellows predominating here and there and everywhere - things starting to dry - we have truly entered into the "vata" season...

I review some of the insights gained from my training in Santa Fe. I think of how important the breath is in our healing and in the practice. I have not been as attentive of the breath as I should have...

I meditate and float, and rejoice at having tracked down a long lost friend from my youth - a man I have loved throughout the years and never forgotten... Maybe there could have been more between us - or maybe there was in another lifetime...I am saddened to learn of his health, intuitively having sensed for some time that something was amiss...I think of how people come and go in our lives, leaving imprints and even scars in our hearts and souls...

I have missed coming to the river. It feels so comforting - and familiar. I drink in its silence and sink into its deep embrace. Despite feeling so alone for so long - in my heart of hearts I know I am not alone and I know I can never go back to what once was on so many levels...

I think of opening to grace and how it implies acceptance of what is as I let go and simply breathe...

"Breath is the link between the inner and outer worlds."
- Alice Christensen

"Controlled deep breathing helps the body to transform the air we breathe into energy.
The stream of energized air produced by properly executed and controlled deep breathing
produces a current of inner energy which radiates throughout the entire body and can be
channelled to the body areas that need it the most, on demand."
- Nancy Zi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"