Reflections by the River in Autumn

I do not have the time to paddle today, but steal away to the river for a brief visit anyway. It is so hard to stay away...

The air is crisp, and clean, and the water table is low...Mounds of fallen leaves cling to the shoreline and unfamiliar rocks are exposed that normally lay hidden under water...

I drive in to the park with my coffee in hand, reflecting on how one of the things I have always been good at is connecting - always tracking people down, staying in touch, and bringing others together. As people from the earliest decades of my life continue to pour back into my life, I am mindful of what a small world this really is!

In moments, Reiki meditations waft down by the river where there is not a soul or car in sight...

It is ironic how I have felt so much dis-connection in the midst of birthing deeper connections - and the insights comes - that one experience needed to be embodied to give birth to the other...

I reflect on how difficult it is to conceive that we are truly all one when at times it feels like anything but that. But I remember the blog entry I wrote nearly a year ago, based on my friend Pat's essay - like the ocean, we are many drops, but one ocean...

Then the image comes to me - that we are all like a glass of water, scooped out of the same body of water - be it a river or an ocean - and while we can be placed in containers that separate us (so symbolic of the life circumstances and situations that do this) and taken to the far corners of the world - we all still come from the same Source...

We are all sparks sent forth from the heart of God - so teaches Paramahansa Yogananda - but we all come from the same heart none-the-less. God in His wisdom divided himself that we might ultimately experience the unity in diversity and longingly seek to merge again, in Him, as One...

Such a beautiful reality in its simplicity, and I find comfort in this image...

I cast my eyes on the river one last time before reluctantly leaving, knowing - that somehow - this has become home, and maybe someday a resting place, as I visualize ashes, remains of a body temple, ritually returned to the river and to the Source from which we all came...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"