Easter - A Season of Rising

On this Easter Sunday, I rise with the morning to sit in meditation. The day is magnificent - clothed in splendor - and every thing is in full bloom. From the depths of winter, a glorious spring has been birthed!

This week was holy to many - Jewish brothers and sisters commemorating Passover - and Christians of many traditions - celebrating the Passion and Resurrection of the Lord. In these momentous experiences, we are all one...

I look beyond traditional Easter texts and readings, and am taken by Paramahansa Yogananda's insights on the Resurrection and his entries on the subject of "compassion" for this season:

"Heavenly Father, I am resurrected with Christ from the sepulcher of the flesh into Thine omnipresence. I am resurrected from the smallness of family affection into the grandeur of love for all Thy creatures. I am resurrected from ignorance into Thine eternal wisdom. I am resurrected from all worldly desires into a state of desire for Thee alone. I am resurrected from longings for human love; I yearn only for Divine Love. I am one with Christ. I am one with Thee...

O Lord of Compassion, teach me to shed tears of love for all beings. May I behold them as my very own - different expressions of my Self.

I easily excuse my own faults; let me therefore quickly forgive the failings of others. Bless me, O Father, that I not inflict on my companions unwelcome criticism...

Every day, try to help uplift as you would help yourself or your family, whoever in your environment may be physically, mentally, or spiritually sick. Then no matter what your part is on the stage of life, you will know that have been playing it rightly...

Thy Divine Light is hidden in even the most vicious and gloom-shrouded man, waiting to shine forth under the proper conditions: the keeping of good company, and ardent desires for self-betterment.

We thank Thee that no sin is unforgivable, no evil insuperable; for the world of relativity does not contain absolutes.

Direct me, O Heavenly Father, that I awaken Thy bewildered ones to the consciousness of their native purity..."

Later, I enjoy a late brunch with my husband and son under the bluest sky and the freshest breeze, drinking Bloody Marys and Mojitos - feeling vibrantly alive - totally in the present moment - and I think - this is what Easter invites us to do: to begin again, again - and yet again - every day - to live life fully - in union with everybody - to do everything we can do to make this a better place and life for everyone - and to enjoy every moment for it is impregnated with the Divine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"