Judge Less. Forgive More.

"Judge less.
Forgive more."


Here is a difficult assignment.

It is the one that I was given.

Recently, I found myself very upset by the state of the world. I ventured out into the fray and posted some articles of current events, which I don't often do. After all, it often invites vitriol and invectives of some sort.

But I had to.

I could not keep silent.

And, I was insulted.

Bear in mind, that I am the daughter, granddaughter, niece, and cousin to former and current diplomats. I was taught the arts of compromise, consensus, and behaving politely. And the rest I absorbed through osmosis and simple modeling.

But that is not the world we live in today. 

People who don't know you will insult you in a way they would never do face to face. That is one of the real failures of social media: It empowers people to hurl insults behind a screen.

I could be angry. And hurt. And indeed I was - at what was happening in our culture and all over the planet - and the lack of civility and inability to communicate that seems to color every social engagement these days.

But I also heard a deep voice inside of me. One that beckoned me to judge others less, and forgive them more. Many do not really know what they do, and are unaware of the implications of their words. And I, do not know what burdens they carry and what experiences have shaped their reactions.

So, I took a step back. And took several deep breaths. And then sent healing thoughts and healing energy to those I thought needed it the most.

To those who are in power. That they do the right thing.

To all those hurting and in need. At both ends of the spectrum.

And to those who perhaps did not really mean what they said. And even if they did, I know they are no less deserving of respect. Or attention. And forgiveness, and yes - even Love.



Join my Facebook community list and page, Meditation Pure and Simple, and receive my Three Energy Saving Practices as my gift to you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"