Relax! You Are Not in Charge!

Do you ever feel like you need to change everything?

Like you have to make the world better?

And that somehow, you are responsible for everything that happens? Whether it is good or back?

REALLY?

Stop and think about that for a moment...

I feel like this ALL the time. But guess what? You are NOT in charge of the Universe! And neither am I!

Sometimes I feel like I am responsible for all kinds of things - how my husband feels - or what decisions he makes - what choices other family members make - or their happiness.

And let's face it - it can be quite burdensome to take on all of these things.

When I taught theology many moons ago, I used to remind my students - when they got all stressed put and bent out of shape: One person took on all the sins of the world and well, we know how that turned out!

So, here's the thing. No one appointed you anything. No one put you in charge of the Universe! However, we are in charge of ourselves. Of our lives. Of the choices we make. Of what we embody. Of the words we choose to speak. And of the thoughts we give energy to.

So relax! Enjoy this day. Don't bite off more that you can chew. Focus on just one thing at a time. And don't be so nosey! Don't worry about how your neighbor is raising their kid - or how they clean their bathroom.

Just tell yourself, I am responsible for myself. I can pick the things I want to focus on and the things I want to let go of. I can do whatever I need to do, one small act at time. 

And especially remember, there are no deadlines really - but the ones we impose on ourselves.

So, take a moment. Go have that decadent cup of coffee - like the one I denied myself for years. After all, life is short! Live it fully, and ask yourself - what difference do I want to make?

And then relax! Because really, you are NOT in charge of anyone but yourself!

Join my Facebook community page and list, Meditation Pure and Simple, and receive my Three Energy Saving Practices as my gift to you!



SaveSave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"